- To work as a key member of the team providing a safe and stimulating environment for children whilst promoting all areas of development.
- Ensure delivery of the highest quality childcare for all children whilst maximising parent satisfaction.
Key Areas of Accountability:
Every Child Matters
- To facilitate consistent first class standards of care and education throughout the nursery for every child ensuring best practice is adhered to at all times.
- To accurately report and record any incidents/accidents as per company policy.
- To work with the management team and room leaders to continually develop and improve the curriculum and childcare practice within the nursery.
- To be familiar with Ellanday nurseries Ltd aims and objectives, nursery policies and procedures, EYFS and OFSTED requirements.
- To fulfil your role as a key worker ensuring that children within your group are provided with the highest standards of care and education which meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and all stages of development.
- To use the observation, assessment and planning process and identify children who may have additional needs.
- To assess, record and report the development of children with in the group.
- To implement the daily routines in accordance with the nursery policies.
- To take responsibility for entries in medicine, accident and first aid records.
- To maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive information.
- To maintain and undertake further training to ensure that your knowledge and experience is informed by best nursery practice.
- To attend training courses and meetings outside nursery hours.
- To be involved with the domestic chores within the nursery and to inform the manager or deputy of any safety or hygiene deficiencies.
- To assist with the supervision of after hour care when parents are late collecting.
- To provide cover and assistance in other areas of the company where required.
Think Parent and Child
- To exceed parents’ expectations and actively promote a child centred environment.
- To provide a safe, secure and happy environment.
- Feedback to parents as necessary.
- To be actively involved in parents evenings/meetings.
- Participate in regular parental meetings for children with care plans or IEP’s.
- To work in partnership with the parents within your keyworker group to ensure a free flow of information between home and the nursery.
- To keep parents informed of their children’s activities and development and to welcome parents’ suggestions and involvement in their children’s progress and development.
- Provide high quality settling in sessions for parent and child.
Deliver Company Results
- To ensure marketing and promotion of the nursery is professional, and participate with open days.
Duration and hours
Monday to Friday 9AM to 5PM
Closing Date: 18th March 2022