We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Apprenticeship Coach to deliver Early Years and Teaching Assistant standards at level 2 and 3 who has experience in classroom teaching.
As an Apprenticeship Coach, you will typically be managing a caseload of 40 – 45 learners.
You will be supporting your learners through the successful completion of their programme by providing coaching, guidance and support to both the learners and their employer.
You will maintain regular contact with your learners and their employers to demonstrate formal progress and planning of progression for the learner.
You will be very hands-on in ensuring the learner completes scheduled assessments, tasks and activities. This will be completed through a blended learning approach including online sessions, observations, professional discussions, work-based evidence, assignments, witness testimonies, quizzes and classroom teaching.
Learning and Development Coach
Purpose of the post:
To coach and develop learners on professional standards.
To support and guide apprentices to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required within the apprenticeship in line with the company mission, values and strategic objectives.
Responsible to: Head of Apprenticeships
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain a caseload of learners within areas of occupancy as agreed with your line manager
- Engage with the learners’ employer and work collaboratively to provide support, guidance and opportunities for learning
- Ensure evidence of learning and achievement is captured effectively and in a timely manner
- 20% OTJ requirements are fully met and recorded as per procedure
- Plan the end point assessment process with learners and employers, ensuring preparation and practice is included in the learning plan
- Inspire and motivate learners and identify any barriers and adapt to your learners’ needs
- Motivate and drive learners to achieve their full potential
- Deliver Maths and English (and ICT where applicable), to support the learner’s achievement and progress in these areas
- Ensure marking and feedback to the learner is accurate and timely
- Work closely with Quality Leads on best practice, standardisation development needs and providing sampling and monitoring
- Market and promote the company as an ambassador through contact with learners, employers and key stakeholders
- Contribute to timely monthly reports and meet/exceed quality and delivery KPIs in line with requirements
- Contribute to the production of high-quality learning materials and make recommendations for improvement
- Live the values of the company through positive behaviours and attitude
- To actively contribute to Get SET Academy’s commitment to Safeguarding, Prevent, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Participate in staff development and ensure continuous professional development in line with the post and agreement following staff appraisal according to company policy.
- Promote equality of opportunity, diversity, respect and tolerance in line with company policies throughout the company and all its activities
- Any other duties that may be deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the post and company
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
You must possess excellent communication, teamwork, leadership, ICT and management skills and be able to build and sustain effective working relationships with staff, parents and the wider community. Knowledge of the IV and EV process is desirable. In addition to this:
- Knowledge and understanding of standards with different awarding bodies
- Proven knowledge of effective teaching, learning and assessment practices to engage learners
- Ability to support and motivate learners through difficult and challenging times
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage own diary
- Ability to take learners through completion in a timely manner
Education and Experience
- Teaching Qualification at level 3/5 or similar and Qualified Teacher Status- desirable.
- A1/PTLLS/CAVA/TAQA qualified
- Experience of working with young people aged 16 plus.
- Experience of working in an education and training environment, as a tutor, with a demonstrable track record of successful outcomes.
- Proven experience of successfully managing the full learner journey; initial assessment, IAG, diagnostic, teaching-learning-assessment, including workshop and 1:1 delivery.
- Experience of using e-portfolio systems.
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Closing Date: Monday 25th April 2022