IT Technical Salesperson Level 3
The primary role of an IT Technical Salesperson is to sell a company’s technical products and services. They need a good knowledge and understanding of the portfolio of technologies that are available. They work to maintain good relationships with existing clients, gaining repeat business wherever possible from customers both internal and external, UK or internationally. They also approach potential customers with the aim of winning new business. They maintain a thorough understanding of existing technologies and those that are emerging.
- Communication: works both independently and as part of a team and following the organisation’s code of practice; demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively and present both in writing and orally at all levels, using a range of tools.
- Customer Experience: demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients during sales operations and whilst defining requirements with an emphasis on customer satisfaction and relationship management.
- Data Security: operates securely in line with organisational guidance, legislation and organisational software packages and complies with security of data and can effectively record, analyse and communicate data at the appropriate level using the organisation’s standard tools and processes throughout all sales interactions.
- Problem solving: applies structured techniques for troubleshooting, problem solving and analyses problems by selecting the appropriate tools and techniques in line with organisation guidance when dealing with sales as well as routine tasks
- Understands the basic elements and architecture of computer systems
- Has a working knowledge of Cloud and Cloud Services
- Understands the principles of secure coding
- Has a working knowledge of the role IT plays within the broader context of a business strategy
- Understands the main methodologies used for unified communications
- Understands the basics of how data storage works and the main technical options available
- Understands how to communicate using the appropriate language and terminology for audience and cultural awareness
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- The ability to interact effectively and professionally with a range of different types of customer
- Ability to think analytically and to solve problems
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this might include five GCSEs and/or A levels.
English and Maths
Level 2 English and Maths will need to be achieved, if not already, prior to taking the end point assessment.
The duration of this apprenticeship is typically 12 months.
This is a level 3 Apprenticeship.