HR Support Level 3
HR Support’s work is likely to include handling day to day queries and providing HR advice; working on a range of HR processes, ranging from transactional to relatively complex, from recruitment through to retirement; using HR systems to keep records; providing relevant HR information to the business; working with the business on HR changes. They will typically be taking ownership for providing advice to managers on a wide range of HR issues using company policy and current law, giving guidance that is compliant and where errors could expose the organisation to employment tribunals or legal risk. In a larger organisation they may also have responsibility for managing a small team – this aspect is outside the scope of this apprenticeship and will need to be covered separately by the employer.
- Business Understanding– Understands the structure of the organisation; the products and services it delivers; the external market and sector within which it operates; where their role fits in the organisation; the ‘Values’ by which it operates and how these apply to their role.
- HR Legislation and Policy- Basic understanding of HR in their sector and any unique features. Good understanding of HR legislation and the HR Policy framework of the organisation. Sound understanding of the HR Policies that are relevant to their role. Knows where to find expert advice.
- HR Function– Understands the role and focus of HR within the organisation; its business plan / priorities and how these apply to their role.
- HR Systems and Processes– Understands the systems, tools and processes used in the role, together with the standards to be met, including the core HR systems used by the organisation.
- Service Delivery– Delivers excellent customer service on a range of HR queries and requirements, providing solutions, advice and support primarily to managers. Builds managers’ expertise in HR matters, improving their ability to handle repeated situations themselves where appropriate. Uses agreed systems and processes to deliver service to customers. Takes the initiative to meet agreed individual and team key performance indicators in line with company policy, values, standards.
- Problem Solving– Uses sound questioning and active listening skills to understand requirements and establish root causes before developing HR solutions. Takes ownership through to resolution, escalating complex situations as appropriate.
- Communication & interpersonal– Deals effectively with customers/colleagues, using sound interpersonal skills and communicating well through a range of media e.g. phone, face to face, email, internet. Adapts their style to their audience. Builds trust and sound relationships with customers. Handles conflict and sensitive HR situations professionally and confidentially
- Teamwork– Consistently supports colleagues /collaborates within the team and HR to achieve results. Builds/maintains strong working relationships with others in the team and across HR where necessary.
- Process improvement– Identifies opportunities to improve HR performance and service; acts on them within the authority of their role. Supports implementation of HR changes/projects with the business.
- Managing HR Information– Maintains required HR records as part of services delivered. Prepares reports and management information from HR data, with interpretation as required.
- Honest & Integrity– Truthful, sincere and trustworthy in their actions. Shows integrity by doing the right thing. Maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times. Has the courage to challenge when appropriate.
- Flexibility– Adapts positively to changing work priorities and patterns when new tasks need to be done or requirements change.
- Resilience– Displays energy and enthusiasm in the way they go about their role, dealing positively with setbacks when they occur. Stays positive under pressure.
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this might include five GCSEs and/or A levels.
English and Maths
Level 2 English and Maths will need to be achieved, if not already, prior to taking the end point assessment.
The duration of this apprenticeship is typically 18-24 months.
This is a level 3 Apprenticeship.