Diploma in Business Administration Level 2
The Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration is a combined knowledge and competency qualification. This means that the qualification assesses competence, skills, knowledge and understanding.
The Business Administration Diplomas provide learners working in an administrative occupation (including Business Administration apprentices) with a nationally accredited qualification. The qualifications provide learners with the opportunity to gain recognition of their skills in a wide range of administrative tasks; e.g. using diary systems, document production, supporting meetings; and developing knowledge & skills in more challenging activities, such as event co-ordination and project support. With the inclusion of a wide range of optional units the learner can tailor their qualification to suit their individual role and the needs of their employer.
- IT– Skilled in the use of multiple IT packages and systems relevant to the organisation in order to: write letters or emails, create proposals, perform financial processes, record and analyse data. Examples include MS Office or equivalent packages. Able to choose the most appropriate IT solution to suit the business problem. Able to update and review databases, record information and produce data analysis where required.
- Decision Making– Exercises proactivity and good judgement. Makes effective decisions based on sound reasoning and is able to deal with challenges in a mature way. Seeks advice of more experienced team members when appropriate.
- Interpersonal Skills– Builds and maintains positive relationships within their own team and across the organisation. Demonstrates ability to influence and challenge appropriately. Becomes a role model to peers and team members, developing coaching skills as they gain area knowledge.
- Project Management– Uses relevant project management principles and tools to scope, plan, monitor and report. Plans required resources to successfully deliver projects. Undertakes and leads projects as and when required.
- The Organisation- Understands organisational purpose, activities, aims, values, vision for the future, resources and the way that the political/economic environment affects the organisation.
- Value of their Skills– Knows organisational structure and demonstrates understanding of how their work benefits the organisation. Knows how they fit within their team and recognises how their skills can help them to progress their career.
- Relevant Regulation– Understands laws and regulations that apply to their role including data protection, health & safety, compliance etc. Supports the company in applying the regulations.
- Policies– Understands the organisation’s internal policies and key business policies relating to sector.
- Personal Qualities– Shows exemplary qualities that are valued including integrity, reliability, self-motivation, being pro-active and a positive attitude. Motivates others where responsibility is shared.
- Managing Performance– Takes responsibility for their own work, accepts feedback in a positive way, uses initiative and shows resilience. Also takes responsibility for their own development, knows when to ask questions to complete a task and informs their line manager when a task is complete. Performs thorough self-assessments of their work and complies with the organisation’s procedures.
- Adaptability– Is able to accept and deal with changing priorities related to both their own work and to the organisation.
- Responsibility– Demonstrates taking responsibility for team performance and quality of projects delivered. Takes a clear interest in seeing that projects are successfully completed and customer requests handled appropriately. Takes initiative to develop own and others’ skills and behaviours.
The apprenticeship will typically take between 12 and 18 months to complete.
This is a level 2 Apprenticeship.
English & Maths
Where a business administrator has not already achieved Level 1 English and Maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment.