Data Analyst Level 4
The primary role of a Data Analyst is to collect, organise and study data to provide business insight. Data analysts are typically involved with managing, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data, and conducting a range of analytical studies on that data. They work across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of stakeholders/customers issues. They document and report the results of data analysis activities making recommendations to improve business performance. They have a good understanding of data structures, database systems and procedures and the range of analytical tools used to undertake a range of different types of analyses.
Job Role: Data Analyst, Data Manager, Data Scientist, Data Modeller, Data Architect, Data Engineer.
- Identify, collect and migrate data to/from a range of internal and external systems
- Manipulate and link different data sets as required
- Interpret and apply the organisation’s data and information security standards, policies and procedures to data management activities
- Collect and compile data from different sources
- Perform database queries across multiple tables to extract data for analysis
- the range of data protection and legal issues
- the data life cycle
- the different types of data, including open and public data, administrative data, and research data
- the differences between structured and unstructured data
- the fundamentals of data structures, database system design, implementation and maintenance
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this might include five GCSEs and/or A levels; a Level 3 Apprenticeship.
English and Maths
Level 2 English and Maths will need to be achieved, if not already, prior to taking the end point assessment.
The duration of this apprenticeship is typically 24 months.
This is a level 4 Apprenticeship.