BCS The Chartered Institute for IT is a professional body for those who would like to continue their professional development through a series of respected IT Qualifications.
The qualification is designed for those learners that want to gain a better understanding of basic knowledge of using computers and display the skills needed to complete basic tasks.
What will I study?
There are four units that will be covered:
1) Computer Basics
- Identify different types of computers
- Identify key hardware components of a computer
- Understanding key components of an operating system
- Identify and use a software application.
2) Online Basics
- Use of online IT systems
- Internet based information
- Use of e-mail to communicate and exchange information.
3) Digital Media
- Store and manage digital media files
- Share digital media files with others.
4) Social Networking
- Understand what social networking is
- Risks and benefits of social networking
- Using social network to communicate with others.
There are no prior requirements needed to start your studies.